Alberta is the land of opportunity and being a county councilor from October 2007 to October 2010 certainly presented me many new opportunities.
One of those was the privilege of attending the 2008 Alberta Congress Board Conference. At the Jasper Park Lodge! One conference, and I was hooked.
- The location is a piece of heaven.
- The program is exciting.
- The speakers are the best in their field.
- There is a speaker or panel discussion at every meal.
- The majority of time is spent in small group interactive discussions.
- I increase my network of contacts each year.
- The caliber of the solutions created at the conference enabled me to return to my workplaces with the connections and knowledge to make immediate, relevant, productive, positive change.
- The Alberta Congress Board took the recommendations from the small group to a global group upon completion of the conference…giving participants the knowledge that their work was influencing decisions at a higher level.
- The conference has a totally new and timely theme every year.
I also attended in 2009. I was fortunate to attend and facilitate in 2010, as well I actively attended, partnered, facilitated and was a speaker in 2011. In 2012 I am a partner again.
The 2012 conference theme “Innovation and our Future Workforce” is timely and relevant as we move to develop strategic workforce plans for 2020 (or sooner). These strategic plans will position Alberta employers to compete globally for the skilled talented people required to remain competitive in our marketplace.
The 2012 conference is a must for HR professionals who want to continue to lead their organizations in their industries and markets moving toward 2020. Employers will face challenges we haven’t yet imagined.